This is a post about life, work, kids, balance…
Our kids are at camp for a total of 3 1/2 weeks and they have two more weeks there before they come home. When we tell people this they say “Wow!”, “Party Time for you two!”, “It’s like a vacation!”, “Are you going anywhere?”, and “What are you going to do?”
Yes it’s like a vacation in a sense even though we are not taking any trips. When the kids are at camp it means more free time – you don’t have to drive them anywhere or pick them up. You can’t spend time with them because they’re away. We don’t have to worry about planning or making meals for them. So yes we have free time but that hardly means we are kicking back and laying by the pool for a month… Here are some of the things we are doing while our children are away:
- We are missing them
- We are enjoying the time alone
- We are launching a canvas business for other studios with the local folks who have printed our canvas for our clients for the past 4 years and we’ve used some of the time by working hard on this. We are excited about it and there will be more to come on this topic! If you are a professional photographer please give us a try. The quality is top notch as our clients know.
- We are meandering and browsing at the library and the bookstore – and we are taking our time when we do
- We are going out with friends
- We are staying in and reading books, watching movies, sleeping in occasionally
- We are meeting with a bunch of seniors and scheduling senior sessions – can’t wait for the class of 2014 – new senior frameables will be gracing this blog soon!
- We are strolling around Royal Oak and Birmingham
- We are spreading the word about our leap into events with our second photographer Angela Bell
- We are working hard
- We are loving work
- Ally is working on the photography lessons she is offering
- We planned a little impromptu 25th high school reunion for Doug’s graduating class
- We are taking stock – of lots of things
- We are going to Eastern Market and Ann Arbor
- We’ve had a drink or two
- We are exercising
- ….and we are missing our kids.
What would you do with some extra free time?