Yes. Photography blows. We should know better than anybody – we’re photographers. Through extensive research we have compiled the 21 reasons why photography is completely overrated.
21 Reasons Photography Is Completely Overrated
- You’re ugly and no one wants to see photos of you (shots fired! okay you’re not really ugly – this is an intentionally silly list)
- Your friends are ugly and no one wants to see photos of them either
- It costs a lot of money to actually get a good photo taken – like by an actual pro
- Good cameras are like way too expensive and hard to use
- Smartphone cameras can be a pain in the butt to figure out and even harder to use effectively than actual cameras
- That one time you looked really fat in that photo that was posted on Facebook
- You have all these photos with your ex that you never want to look at again
- Actual memories are better and you can kinda change them in your head to make them even a little better than they are – it’s harder to change a picture
- Because like, leave me alone
- Smiling makes your face sore
- Your dad is annoying – always wanting to take a picture of you
- Your dad is even more annoying thinking selfies make him cool
- Your dad is yet even more annoying doing snapchat selfies with half of his face cut off because he knows “it’s a thing”
- Your mom is annoying for all of the three previous reasons even if slightly less annoying than your dad
- Instagram overposters
- Having to explain……..like, anything
- Okay an example of #16 – You told someone you didn’t feel like going out but then got photographed…….out
- Narcissists aren’t cool in general and photography gives them an outlet to be….narcissists.
- Storage / Syncing struggles
- The awkward moment where someone is trying to imply that they want to take a picture of the rest of the group who have something in common that you don’t really have with them. I mean, it makes sense but still totally awkward.
- Lists like this
So there you go – 21 reasons photography is completely overrated! Feel free to add more to the list….